Indoor Medical Marijuana Growing Steps
Medical marijuana is legal in a number of states in the US. In these states, people who have been diagnosed with debilitating medical conditions can make use of marijuana if it is recommended by their physicians. According to the laws in the various states, patients can also grow and posses marijuana legally, but the amount depends on what is recommended and allowed under the state laws. If you are looking to grow marijuana, given below is the basic marijuana growing steps.
These marijuana growing steps are as follows:
1. Choosing a place to grow – the attic, basement or the closet can be some of the best places to grow marijuana in the house.
2. Pots and soil – it is important to choose large plastic pots or buckets with drainage holes at the bottom. Make sure to fill the bottom of the pot with large gravel to facilitate drainage and the top layer with good quality potting soil. Marijuana plants do not grow well in acidic conditions, so make sure that the pH of the soil is between 6.5-7.5. in order to retain nutrients and moisture, place some humus in the soil. There are many nursery stores where you find the best soil for growing medical marijuana.
3. Lighting – marijuana plants require good amount of lighting when they are growing and for this reason, you may have to make arrangements for artificial lighting inside the space where you are planning to grow the substance. You can make use of fluorescent lighting or metal halide lights together with good ventilation and separate ballast. recommend LED Grow Lights.If your plants receive 12 hours of light in a day, they will mature in 5 months time. if they receive 16 hours of light, they will mature in 4 months times and you give them 18 hours of light per day, you will have matured plants within 2 months. You can choose the amount of light you want your plants to grow in and it is always a good idea to set a timer daily for your lights.
4. Watering – shortage of water will affect the rate of photosynthesis and excess water will also affect the plant in a negative way. Make sure that you add water in the quantity that is required.
5. Harvesting and drying – the final stages towards cultivation is harvesting and drying. When the flowers start appearing, make sure that you adjust the lights so the plants receive lights for 12 hours and they stay in dark for the remaining 12 hours. Do not water the plant one week before harvesting as this will speed up the drying process. Once the plants have completed the flowering process, you can cut the plants, place them in paper bags stirring them daily. In about three weeks, the plants should be completely dry and ready for use.
Buy Best led grow light for indoor growing marijuana, please visit: www.ledgrowlight-hydro.com